I take things personally and I always pay attention to details because this is my style, this simply represents my way of living and my understanding of life.
, My name is Giancarlo (Gi-on-car-lo
) and I am a freelance web designer & developer
based in the New York metropolitan area
. I’ve been designing and developing web sites since 1998, and I love what I do. Designing and building great web sites isn’t just a nine-to-five job for me- it’s a passion.
I`ve picked up a great amount of skills in these ten years, I like to think some things you just cannot learn in the classroom. I treat every project like it was a major project and can help develop your; brand development, strategic marketing, design communications, web design, new media and public relations
. I take very personal every assignment that I embark on.
I do things personally, on a personal level because this is my style, this simply represents my way of living and my understanding of life. And yes, when it comes to delivering services I am a bit condescending. I think more, say less. That way my services are always more than expected
, never by the dozen, evidently different from the other.
Knowledge and Skills
I am very flexible and adaptive, and like to stay updated on the latest technologies. I believe that we learn something new every day.
- LAMP Development Environment
- Web-Development & E-Commerce
- Software (Adobe CS3 Photoshop, Illustrator, Dreamweaver, Fireworks etc.)
- Hardware Technologies and Troubleshooting
- Operating System Win 9x, XP, 2000, NT, Windows Server 2003, Windows Vista, Macintosh OSX
- Database Architecture and Performance Tuning
- I use my mind, notepad and sometimes a piece of paper to design nice web layouts from scratch.
- I hand code all applications with Notepad++ (Microsoft Notepad on juice) which is no doubt a cool & free software for xHTML, CSS, and PHP Development.
- I have all major web-browsers (e.g. IE6, IE7, Firefox, Safari, Opera, Flock, Chrome) installed for cross browser testing.
- I prefer WordPress as CMS for creating cool websites, like this one.
- Also I love Open Source Software and currently trying my hands on Cake PHP and Ruby on Rails for Application Development.
What I Can Do For You
I work with a number of technologies and skills that are relevant to web application design and development. My proficiencies are (but not limited to):
- Custom & Unique Website Development
- Custom & Unique WordPress Themes
- Corporate Identity & Logo Design
- Design and Usability Consultancy
- Web Application Development
- xHTML / Cascading Style Sheets
- jQuery and AJAX Integration
- PHP, MySQL
- Flash Multimedia
Can you think of anything else I can do for you? Drop me a line